Chatelaine WIP-Slayer "Contest" 2012
Because there are many of us in the Chatelaine community who eagerly await a new Martina project, enthusiastically start it , keep up with the group for a few months, and then fall off the wagon , we're going to do another round of the WIP-Slayer Contest that we've done in the past.
Like many of you, I admire all these to-die-for new designs Martina comes out with, but I have Chatelaine WIP overload. I feel too much guilt to start a new project when I can't even finish the many I've got going. I need cheering on. Maybe you do, too. So, let's work together, encourage one another, and have some fun!
Even if you don't think you have a Chatelaine WIP you can finish in the three month window, consider participating anyway. You may be pleasantly surprised just how much progress you do make when you have a community sharing in your fun.
The idea is fairly simple. Here are the guidelines for participation:
1. Choose one of your Chatelaine WIPs that you really want to finish.
2. Post a current photo of your progress on said project to the WIP-Slayer Photos thread (will be a stickied topic in this forum) by February 29th.
3. Start making a dent in that WIP! Stitch, stitch, stitch. Oh, and share progress pics. We all like to and maybe you'll even enable someone! There will be an "official" thread for sharing pics every two weeks, but you can always share photos in between if you have something fun to share, or just need that extra encouragement.
4. Cheer one another on. Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm!
5. When you've successfully SLAYED (finished) the WIP, post a completed photo in the I'm a Chatelaine WIP-Slayer thread in this forum by May 31, 2012. We will all celebrate wildly with you.
6. From those who have posted a WIP-progress photo by February 29, 2012 and a finished photo (of the same project) by May 31, 2012, I will draw one name for every ten stitchers who have a Chatelaine finish to win a stitching prize from my rather substantial stash (ie - if there are 1-10 stitchers, there will be one winner; 11-20 stitchers, there will be two winners; 21-30 stitchers, three winners; etc.).
7. If you slay one Chatelaine WIP, feel free to choose another and keep on. However, there will be only one entry in the drawing per stitcher.
8. Remember to HAVE FUN and enjoy stitching!!!! Added bonus: if you finish a Chatelaine, you have every right to start a new one, guilt-free! Which, of course, is the *real* motivation for this contest!