I think there are many of us in the Chatelaine community who eagerly await a new Martina project, enthusiastically start it , keep up with the group for a few months, and then fall off the wagon. I know I am definitely in this camp! So, like many of you, I admire all these to-die-for new designs Martina comes out with, but I have Chatelaine WIP overload. So, I feel too much guilt to start a new project when I can't even finish the many I've got going. I need cheering on. Maybe you do, too. Thus, the idea for a Chatelaine WIP-Kill was born.
The idea is fairly simple. Here are the guidelines for participation:
1. Choose one of your Chatelaine WIPs that you really want to finish.
2. Post a current photo of your progress on said project to the WIP-Kill Photos thread (will be a stickied topic in this forum) by October 31st.
3. Start making a dent in that WIP! Stitch, stitch, stitch. Oh, and share progress pics. Because you KNOW we need to SEEEEEEEEEE.
4. Cheer one another on. Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm!
5. When you've successfully killed-off (finished) the WIP, post a completed photo in the I'm a Chatelaine WIP-Slayer thread in this forum by January 30, 2011. We will all celebrate wildly with you.
6. From those who have posted a WIP-progress photo by October 31, 2010 and a finished photo (of the same project) by January 30, 2011, I will draw one name for every ten stitchers who have a Chatelaine finish to win a stitching prize from my rather substantial stash (ie - if there are 1-10 stitchers, there will be one winner; 11-20 stitchers, there will be two winners; 21-30 stitchers, three winners; etc.).
7. If you slay one Chatelaine WIP, feel free to choose another and keep on. However, there will be only one entry in the drawing per stitcher. But, that doesn't mean we won't think you're pretty amazing to kill more than one Chatelaine WIP!
8. Remember to HAVE FUN and enjoy stitching!!!! Added bonus: if you finish a Chatelaine, you have every right to start a new one, guilt-free! Which, of course, is my *real* motivation for this contest! I need to rationalize a new Chatelaine start!